Sunday 3 February 2013

I made my first sale on Folksy!!!


I have been making jewellery for years, but as I have said before, I am quite new to selling my jewellery.  In recent months I have made quite a few face-to-face sales, but I've never been all that successful in the on-line market place.

In an attempt to reach a wider market, I tried a few of the old favourites in the past, but alas without much success.  I'm not sure if this was because the sites I chose were too well established and already over-loaded with jewellery, or whether I had got it totally wrong and my shop was not appealing enough.  Not being one to fall at the first hurdle, I decided to give Folksy a go and I set up my shop towards the end of 2012, expecting to have to wait at least 3 months before anyone would notice me.  Ta-Da (leaping around with excitement).......I made my first sale last week.............only a month later!  While this may seem insignificant to the more seasoned crafter, as a relative newbie, I am over-joyed!

This first sale has spurred me on and I have all sorts of new ideas racing through my head.  At the first opportunity I added a few more items to my Folksy shop, but this has led to me thinking of greater things..............branding, marketing ploys, craft fairs, trying new jewellery making techniques.  As a result, I have developed a continuing all-consuming search for further inspiration.

With my over-enthusiasm, as you can imagine my head is like a ball of spaghetti, however I have managed to put together a few useful links below.

Improve your Visibility and Credibility - a useful article by Patricia van den Akker of The Design Trust in Frankly - The Folksy Magazine.

www.craftfairsuk.co.uk - A great place to find craft fairs in your local area.

My Pinterest Board of Craft Show Displays - Ideas for displaying jewellery at craft shows.

www.pandahall.co.uk - A great place for jewellery making supplies at wholesale prices.

www.jewelrymakingdaily.com - For help with inspiration and new techniques.

And to finish off..................here are a couple of new items I added to my Folksy shop today.


'Flowers In My Garden' Bracelet
'Key To My Heart' Pendant


If anyone has any useful tips, articles, techniques, blogs, etc............please feel free to share.

Kate x


No comments:

Post a Comment